Grab Now Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth By EDSAL
Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth
The Edsal UR185L-BLK five-shelf standing shelf unit has a 16-gauge steel rack and shelves made of particle board to support an 800-lb. per shelf capacity and a 4000-lb. total capacity when the weight is distributed evenly across all shelves. This unit has double-riveted beams that lock into double-rivet holes on the corner post for structural security. The corner post rivet holes on this unit are punched at 1-1/2″ intervals for precise adjustment to desired shelf height. The steel rack has a black enamel finish to resist corrosion. This unit is open on all four sides to facilitate access to shelf contents from any angle.
The posts on this unit have a two-piece design so it can be assembled vertically to create one 72 x 36 x 18 inch (H x W x D) unit, or assembled horizontally to create two 36 x 36 x 18 inch units, one unit with two shelves and one unit with three shelves. (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.) This shelf unit has a rivet lock design for boltless assembly. Assembly instructions are included. A rubber mallet (sold separately) is recommended for assembly.
Standing shelf units are commonly used to store items to help create organized, efficient, and safer work areas. These systems typically consist of a frame or rack with open shelves. Added components such as casters, wheels, or handles are used for applications that require mobility. Standing shelf units are used in a variety of office, industrial, educational, and residential settings.
Edsal Manufacturing Company manufactures storage systems and industrial furniture. The company, founded in 1952, is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
If you’re looking for top recommended Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth, then Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth is our suggestion. Many good reviews already proving the quality of this product. The Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth completed with a lot of capabilities which makes it great product. If you wish to know further of this location finding tools, just read its main features below.
The Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #46 in BISS Basic
- Size: 72″ Height x 36″ Width x 18″ Depth
- Color: Black
- Brand: EDSAL
- Model: UR185P-BLK
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 72.05″ h x 35.83″ w x 18.11″ l,
- Standing five-shelf unit with a 16-gauge steel rack and shelves made of particle board to support an 800-lb. per shelf capacity and a 4000-lb. total capacity. Item does not come with post couplers.
- Double-riveted beams lock into double-rivet holes on corner post for structural security
- Corner post rivet holes are punched at 1-1/2″ intervals for precise adjustment to shelf height
- Two-piece post design for vertical assembly of a single 72″ high unit, or for horizontal assembly of two 36″ high units
- Rivet lock design for boltless assembly, instructions included, rubber mallet recommended for assembly (sold separately)
If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure order now to avoid disappointment. Get The best cheapest price on the web we have searched and get the Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth rihgt now
This is The Best Selling Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth By EDSAL tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST!! Buyers Comments About Sandusky/Edsal UR185P-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36″ Width x 72″ Height x 18″ Depth By EDSAL
Most helpful customer reviews
135 of 144 people found the following review helpful.
Falsely Advertised – Quality is far below the claimed specificiations
By Tim P.
These shelves are not complete garbage, but they are no where near the quality they claim.
First of all, the metal braces is clearly claimed to be “16-gauge”, which should be around 0.065 inches thick. I measured these to be 0.020 inches, less than 1/3 of the claimed thickness. That’s including the powder coat, so in reality we’re probably looking at 0.015 inches or less of actual metal.
The wood shelves measured in at 0.330 inches, just barely over 1/4″ thick of low-density particle board. You could visually see the wood bending with only about 100lbs resting on the shelf.
There is ZERO chance that the shelves will hold 800lbs. After some testing with known weights, I think storing more than 100lbs for any length of time would buckle the flimsy wood shelves.
I’m requesting a refund, but in all honesty unless they are willing to pay the return shipping it’s probably not worth sending back.
Bottom line: If you want cheap shelves to put a few light or medium-weight boxes on, go for it. But know what you are buying, and understand that they are not even close to being “heavy-duty” shelves.
17 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
Easy trick to make them easier to build.
Bought five of them for a large storage pantry. took a rubber mallet and a hammer and flathead screwdriver as the paint is so thick, the connections were hard to click together.. I wedged the screwdriver against the connector and pried it outward, then hammered the brackets into place. It was not too difficult and they are VERY sturdy. I covered the shelves with shelf paper as they are fiberboard.
240 of 250 people found the following review helpful.
I bought 2 of these units from Home Depot for my garage.
1. Super easy to set-up (requires a rubber mallet but nothing else). One person assembly, took all of 15 minutes from start to finish. A 12 y/o could put these together no problem.
2. Incredibly stable w/ a rated weight limit of 4,000 lbs overall. (Other units really don’t compare as they can only support 50 – 150lbs on average per shelf).
3. They easily hold 12 and/or 13 gallon storage bins between the shelves and they are adjustable for larger items.
4. Can be used as a workbench instead. The shelves can be split into two sections and placed side by side (2 shelves on one, 3 on the other)… using the top shelves as a workbench space. So basically you don’t have to make it 72″ tall, each can be 36″ tall instead.
5. Can be drilled into studs for safety and support. No need to make a hole, just use the ones already created for the shelving. Recommend 1 3/4″ screws with flat washers or anchor/screw kits that can support the weight.
6. They look really good!
1. Price – I bought these for $66- from Home Depot (everyday price, not on sale). However, if you don’t live near a local store I would still say these are worth the higher price as they are far superior than other shelving units out there.
2. Plastic feet provided, but they don’t have levelers. The little feet are good for not scratching up the concrete/flooring, but they would be better if they leveled out the unit. I didn’t see this as a huge problem though. I placed some cardboard under the one corner and managed to make it pretty stable.
As an added tip, if you want these to have more of a cabinet look/feel (for keeping out dust, etc.).. you could do what I did. I covered them in heavy duty plastic sheeting (large roll) and used a construction-style zipper kit for both units… basically creating a zipper in the front to open/close the plastic. They sell the zipwall kits on here (2-pack for $6 – $16 depending on style/brand. I chose the ZipWall HDAZ2 Heavy Duty Zipper Kit, 2-Pack sold here…and they worked fantastic and even came with the cutting knife). Plastic roll sheeting is easy to obtain for fairly cheap as well (Go large 10’+ for width..otherwise you’ll be doing a lot of taping pieces together and more work than you should). By doing this you can now protect your shelved items and with a fraction of the cost that a storage shed-type structure would run you. Not to mention the pre-made sheds cannot support nearly the same amount of weight that these can. I’m female and assembled *both* units with the plastic wall kits and drilled them into the studs for stability… in about an hour.
It works great and looks great if done right. I suggest you get some wood sticks about 2′ long… and secure them to each of the 4 corners on the top shelf (I used braces and drilled it into the wood sticks for stability). This way you can extend the plastic sheeting up over the sticks (as opposed to just the top shelf). It then allows you a couple of feet clearance for storing things on the top without any issues that the plastic will fall, etc.
Also, I want to add …. people are complaining they don’t think this can support 4,000 lbs. I admit I have not tested that yet… however I am storing 1000 lbs easily on these and with zero issues. Place 200-300 pounds on the bottom shelf first and you will find the unit becomes very stable. (I loaded the bottom with 24 can cases of formula I use), stacked about 12 cases total. Make sure you level out the feet as well with wood or cardboard for added stability!
Hope this helps.